Lake Austin

If you want to feel the sun on your face and sand in between your toes, Lake Austin is the place to do it! You can wake surf, bounce around on a tube, or just sit back and relax.

One reason I love the lake is because it’s a place for a place for family and friends to just hang out and have fun. I spend practically all my time in the summer with my friends swimming and wake surfing, It’s a hard place to stay away from in the summer heat! The water is always nice and cold when you want to cool down just hop in!

There’s a lot more to on Lake Austin than just swim or go out on a boat. Tons of people kayak, paddle board, play sand volleyball or just sit and have a picnic with their family and friends. On many holidays and special occasions like the 4th of July they have fireworks over the 360 bridge and barbecues at City Park.

So if you want to have a good time with your friends or anyone you know come down to Lake Austin and find out what real fun is like!

2 thoughts on “Lake Austin

1. This is a really good expository. You had really good descriptive points and reasons on why Lake Austin is fun. If I wasn’t from Austin and I had never been and I read this I would really want to come and enjoy the lake. This is a beautiful expository. Great job!

2. Nice post Olivia! I loved how the reasons you gave on why Lake Austin is fun. Your post was very detailed. I can tell that Lake Austin is one of your favorite places in Austin.